The Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED) is the main representative of the private sector that reflects the interest of 22 Confederations of Enterprises around the Southern and Northern Mediterranean Countries.
Since its creation in 2002, BUSINESSMED became a key platform for multilateral cooperation dedicated to its confederations Member, a promoter of foreign direct investment, a lever for Mediterranean dialogue and socio-economic integration.
Our activities are mainly focused on the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As one of the major economic development clusters, BUSINESSMED seeks multiple objectives and missions such as:
- Increasing exchanges between the European Union and Mediterranean countries;
- Enhancing technological transfer and know-how toward South-Mediterranean countries;
- Increasing foreign direct investment flows;
- Implementing a regulatory framework for investors;
- Undertaking partnership actions between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying and business advocating for a wider participation of the private sector in the actions to be undertaken by governments in order to achieve a prosperous free trade area in the Mediterranean.