EBSOMED (Enhancing Business Support Organizations and Business Networks in the Southern Neighbourhood) is a 4-year project, co-financed by the European Commission, led by BUSINESSMED (the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises) and implemented by the MEDALLIANCE consortium of 5 partners: Eurochambres (the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry), ASCAME ( the Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce and Industry), ANIMA Investment Network (a multi-country cooperation platform for economic development in the Mediterranean), CAWTAR (the Center of Arab Woman for Training and Research) et GACIC (the German Arab Chamber of Commerce).
EBSOMED aims at boosting the Mediterranean business ecosystem promoting inclusive economic growth and job creation, by enhancing the private sector environment and namely the Business Support Organisations in the Southern Neighbourhood countries.
- Improve management capacity performance and competitiveness of Mediterranean Business Support Organizations (BSO) through enhanced services in compliance with quality standards;
- Empower Med private sector stakeholders by developing business linkages and networks between Southern Neighbourhood BSOs and EU counterparts, supporting them in seizing the financing services offered by Development and Finance Institutions (DFI);
- Stimulate trade and investment flows by supporting the internationalization of MED SMEs;
- Increase Economic Regional Integration and boost the MED business community by creating a sustainable hub for developing business partnerships and coordinating strategies in key sectors of common interest in the Euromed region.
EBSO Med will articulate four major action lines which serve its specific objectives:
1. BSO capacity building:
- BSO Management Academies: regional executive training programs for BSO managers;
- Labelling BSOs’ services;
- BSOs Members Exchange Programs;
- BSOs Thematic Committees (Vocational Training; Women and Youth Empowerment; education and R&D), gathering the private sector best assets for development.
2. MED Link:
- Business Country Desks Platform (BCD) will play the role of catalyst for a better development of partnerships and North-South as well as South-South exchanges;
- Joint activities involving banking and non-banking donors to support the international cooperation and their sustainability strategies;
3. MED Cooperation:
- Business Matchmaking Fora (Intra-Mediterranean High Level Panels on key sectors, value chains and cross-cutting challenges, B2B and C2C regional meetings);
- Intra-Mediterranean cross-sectorial strategies and action plans.
4. MED Promotion:
- EU Med Roadshows focused on Northern and Central Europe;
- EU Med Roadshows in the Southern Mediterranean Countries with a focus on Women Entrepreneurship.
Beneficiaries: 10 ENI South Partner Countries.
For more informations: The EBSOMED website.